Nursing Diagnosis and Nursing Intervention for Parkinson's Disease
- Impaired physical mobility related to muscle stiffness and tremors are marked with :
Subjective data: client said it was difficult to do activities
Objective Data: tremors while on the move
Goal : To increase mobility
- Help clients every day of exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, or gardening.
- Encourage clients to stretch and exercise as directed postural therapist.
- Client bathe with warm water and do the ordering to help muscle relaxation.
- Instruct the client to rest regularly to avoid weakness and frustration.
- Teach for postural exercise and walking techniques to reduce the stiffness when walking and the possibility of learning continued.
- Instruct the client to walk with an open leg position.
- Create client raised his hand with consciousness, lift the feet when walking, use the shoes for walking, and walking with step length.
- Tell the client to walk to the music to help improve the sensory.
- Impaired compliance with nutrition: less than body requirements related to the difficulty: moving food, chewing, and swallowing, marked with
Subjective data: client said it was difficult to eat, weight loss
Objective Data: thin, weighing less than 20% ideal body weight, pale conjunctiva, and mucous membranes pale.
Goal : To optimize the nutritional status
- Teach client to think while swallow-shut lips and teeth together, lifting the tongue with food on it, then move the tongue back and swallowing, lifting his head backward.
- Instruct client to chewing and swallowing, using a second wall of the mouth.
- Tell the client to consciously control the accumulation of saliva and swallowing by holding the head periodically.
- Give a sense of security on the client, with a stable eating and using the equipment.
- Suggest eat in small portions and add food interlude (snack).
- Monitor weight.
- Verbal communication disorders related to decreased ability to speak and is characterized by facial muscle stiffness
Subjective data: client / family say the difficulty in speaking
Objective Data: elusive words, stony-faced.
Goal : To maximize the ability to communicate.
- Keep the complications of treatment.
- Refer to speech therapy.
- Teach client and facial exercises using breathing methods to improve the words, volume, and intonation.
- breath in before speaking to increase the volume and number of words in sentences each breathe.
- Train speak in short sentences, reading aloud in front of the glass or into a voice recorder (tape recorder) to monitor progress.